Sunday 4 January 2009

Gigantic Jumping Jack

He's not gigantic but he is larger than the norm. Here's some shots, not the best light.

It isn't finished yet. Due to its size it's quite difficult to get a shot of it hanging long, so he's sitting here beneath a very elderly composer puppet I found in Brighton.

I am not 100% sure about him. Because of the size, as time went on, I started meandering around and trying different things, so he is something of a mish mash.

I've always loved the faces of blue hindu gods. A totally blue man was something i'd toyed with but as I say, I started meandering and the clouds appeared.

I will finish him, but I need a short break from it. The good thing about this kind of meandering is the firm ideas it gives you, so I know what I want to do for the next one. This one and the one following are what I aim to send to a Berlin Gallery for a collective show in April.

7 comments:

lilly piri said...

He really is beautiful!

ink and ginger said...

I love the blue skin and the lotus flower. So, so cool.

Unknown said...

He is wonderful....I love his detailed torso!!!

jewels vine said...

the flowers on the sides remind me of false eyes on butterfly wings, lovely work, a synthesis of many cultural artforms and well done in my book! Go lil'robot!

Castle in the Air said...

Beautiful work!
I'd love to see a video of him jumping!
Best wishes,
Karima

littlerobot said...

Thanks everyone!

britton said...

I am absolutely in love with your work, dreamy and quite etheral.

I blogged about you (I hope you dont mind!) and added you to my blog roll. fauxrealz.com.