Sunday 27 April 2008

A blissful weekend

First of all thanks so much for the responses to the last post. It is so difficult working in a void, it's really important to get objective feedback, and I couldn't agree more with the comments. In reality the case was originally intended to house a different scene. It changed at the last minute and was not sketched before hand....It was just sloppy and all over the place and unsurprising it didn't work. So its sitting, resting in the corner..One day, something will happen.

Instead, I managed to relax this weekend and just do some nice small drawings and paintings..It feels a bit like therapy when I do that. I have these big plans for things, and sometimes it's quite crushing, always trying to move them forward (There is a largish musical mechanical theatre in the making.. I hardly know what i'm doing so it's taking time to figure out how to fit it together). So I just stopped, put it on the back burner. Relax.

I fit a very full time job, lots of travel, freelance work and various other ventures around my creative life, and it can get a bit boiling-point with frustration as I do not have the time...any time... I can feel sort of frenzied and unwell when I come to try and make something. So I had to actually talk myself down from this frenzy.... So, here's some wee thingybobs. There are more, and probably more to come, but before then, a walk in the sun, maybe match some flowers in my Wild Flowers book, probably go to the local shop and buy coke and a chocolate bar and just...meander about and look at the wee lambs in the field next door...And there's some new calfs too with lovely soft wet noses. :)



I'll be updating the shop with these and more on Sunday 4th May. I hope you can make it....And before I go, 2 music links from freinds which I think are brilliant!

http://www.myspace.com/miserygutsmusic

http://www.myspace.com/theailing

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Glassprimitif said...

The girl in the bear skin reminds me of the fairytale of Galimauffray.