Tuesday 25 December 2007

How sad am I? Plus - Creatures of the sea!

It's totally sad to be blogging and doing worky things on Christmas Day but there you go! I have had a great day watching 'Star Dust' - brilliant movie, funny and beautiful imagery.

Also I spent the day making collages for prints. They are a mixture of my art and old (royalty-free) nature prints, from Ernst Haeckel.


Fig 1. The all-seeing octo-eye


Fig 2. The sage of the sea


Fig 3. The kingdom tree


Fig 4. Shakespeare flutterby

Fig 5. The bee hive

Unlike all of my other prints I am only running a limited amount of these, 10 of each.

3 comments:

paolability said...

Really gorgeous.

Carol said...

Absolutely love these. And your brooches and everything else I've seen so far. New to blogging and so enjoying finding sites like yours. I love marine/fantasy animals. Happy New Year, Carol

Anonymous said...

Ouahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

This is exactly what I would like beeing able to achieve.
If you check some of my work, you will see the same kind of themes : butterflies, insects, the eye...
This is very strange you work seems so close to my imagination (sorry if my English is too poor to express my feelings) :)