Sunday 23 September 2007

I'm in love

That's right- in love, but not with a mortal human, oh no...With a trimming shop. Ok, that sounds patehtic, and yet, if you see this place you'll be in love too! The photographs are stunning and are making me desperate to buy supplies and create some kind of bird of paradise head dress...As soon as I get paid..Regard the loveliness:









The place in question is Nicholas Kniel and hopefully something wearable will emerge from me ordering lovely things, and not just me stashing yards of beautfiul ribbon.

Next ace place i've found is Ponoko
It's made quite a splash since it launched a few days ago, and as such the site is practically unusable - well at least you can't log in but you can browse around and find out what it's all about. Essentially it allows you to design and upload eps files to be lasercut from various materials, a local laser cutters (the closest to you) sends you the cut materials....It means it's cheaper and less environmentally damaging for a person to have things produced. If it works out it might just be one of the best services to happen for me...I love to make things from wood, but I am a terrible cutter and I just do not have space or finances for proper tools...This would be a life saver - as soon as I can log in!

Other news is that I joined the Glasgow Craft Mafia yay! They are a great bunch of girls (and one man!) and are getting ready to launch officially in October. I will be helping with the launch as much as possible and will be going to the event, it should be a great evening to see what everyone's doing and do some self-promotion. I will post photos.

Other than that I went out on Friday night and got a bit drunk - well quite drunk actually, and had a great time. Saturday was a tender time which involved a massive lunch with freinds and then a fragile walk up the hill home...It was good to let my hair down though.

No comments: